[/quote]

I guess everything is still going over your head. UA advertises as a tryout. Read UA site. It isnt advertised as the " Best players anywhere in Balt with a chance to win". They say it is a tryout. You do know what a tryout is?? You show up to a field and an independent evaluators pick the best players on the field . Two days with a narrowing field of players should get you most of best players, probably miss a few too.

Now if it is advertised as a Allstar team of best players in region that is great. I would expect the local coaches and people in know to get together and form a team. Forget the initial tryouts. Maybe even advertised as some positions available come try out for these remaining positions. At least that would be truthful. No UA acts like this is a real tryout ,which is complete BS. If they told truth they would get no where near the money they get from the fake tryouts now or exposure.

Of course they get some really good if not some of better players by the process now. But its not a real tryout. I do like the fact they you get to come and play a bunch of games with different caliber players.
And Baltimore is not alone in this process. Look at other region teams and coaches. Most regions have many players from the coaches HS/Club of either Command or Highlight team.

[/quote]

UA attracts a lot of the best players and its generally run well but the way the selectors are chosen at the very lest undermines their credibility. They have a long list of procedures listed including saying club coaches can't mention their own players but in actuality it doesn't appear those procedures are followed. In the South Command tryout, one of the coach's son didn't make the call back game. His father told his son to play in the call back game anyway and his son is on the final team. I think that if UA is going to market the tryout as a fair one including a list of procedures to avoid favoritism at the very least they should avoid daddyball coaching and selection.