Originally Posted by Anonymous

Unfortunately every region is the same. All the UA teams are loaded with players that are affiliated with the UA coaches Clubs/High Schools or other coaches they know players.

To say that it isnt is to deny reality.

Many of this players are at top or near top, but there is obvious bias in picking the players for all the UA teams including DC and Balt. But if it makes you feel better, say it isnt bias, just dont expect anyone with any real critical thinking to believe you.

And each year it seems to get more bias as there are so many really good players to pick from that are very close in talent. There are only 3-5 above and beyond talent each year, the rest of top 30-40 players that could make the UA team have similar talent , so bias is an easy way to go with coaches and people evaluating .

It is just not a true talent tryout for majority of players.

^^know-nothing haters trying to act like they actually know^^

Truly thought provoking reasons why you disagree. LOL

Give me one counterpoint to what is written above....thought so.

If better talent were to have presented itself during tryouts, it would have made the team. As far as "equal talent" is concerned, it only happens towards the end of the selection list for certain positions. "Equal talent" assumes that none of the players demonstrated a chemistry or other intangibles while playing together on any of the tryout teams or in the call back game. Its not an "All Star" team, its a team coaches and evaluators build to win. If 2 players are equal in skill, which may come up at the very end of the selections, then coaches and evaluators look for traits that help players fit the team in order to make it stronger, not weaker. Maybe they got it wrong for a 1-2 players at the bottom of the list of 23. What is your solution? Flip a coin to avoid "bias"? If you can do better without being "bias", then sign up to evaluate next year and have at it, instead of playing lax guru after everything is said and done. Ultimately one team goes 4-1 in the end, including trading wins with the tournament Champions and you criticize everyone involved from top to bottom. The other team goes 5-1 and escapes the BS criticism? If you are splitting hairs like that to publicly criticize people's character who you dont know, then you are a hater! ...so dont think so, know it!

No..The team is based on talent for that tryout..Clearly states that?? I guess team Chemistry is another word for lets pick my players ?? Bury your head in sand, many top players are passed over with better tryout performance than other like skilled top talent players, they just dont have a IN ..

You seem to imply that I think that less talented players make team. I do think some similar talented players with better tryouts dont make it due to bias. The talent level is close on any given day for most players. There is only so many Pat Spencers, Rambos etc type players in HS. Most are a small degree difference at the top on any given day.

FRom UA site
At the end of the tryout all evaluators will meet to discuss all players and select the final 22 players.
A Corrigan Sports representative will lead the discussion and put players ‘on the board’
No coach (high school or club) may mention one of their own players
Players will be evaluated on their performance at the tryout

Good, now that you basically just reiterated what I said, backed it up with the website verbiage and acknowledged that you are splitting hairs at the end of the day, what is your formula for scoring similar performances and getting it 100% correct? Can we look forward to you evaluating next year, so you can feel the same criticism when you split the hair the "wrong" way and hurt some feelings?

Glad you finally admit there is some bias. Took you long enough .Thanks !