Originally Posted by Anonymous
Highlight - The goalies did not get shelled (you can watch the game online). For what boils down to an all star game, it was a slow, low scoring game with little transition. The white team goalie that started stood out to me.

The coaches from each region are charged with building a team that can win the tournament. There are kids that literally did nothing in the call back game (empty stat line) who are marquee players in the MIAA. Does the coach not choose them because the had an off day or does he choose them knowing they will likely be the difference maker in games vs DC, Philly and NY? My bet is that those kids are on the 22 roster. I still think the process, as imperfect as it is, is worth $190.

Agree with all of the above. The evaluators rank the kids going into the call back game based on the previous 2 days worth of games. The call back game allows for kids on the bubble to play themselves on or off of the team and gives kids an opportunity to play in front of college coaches one more time.