Originally Posted by Anonymous
For those who were at the games, do you think Broadneck would have beaten Spalding and Severn if the games were played under MIAA rules with a Shot Clock, or would it not have made a difference?

If the game is going to grow it needs to speed up. The kid #23 from Broadneck was outstanding at FO no GO he could play period. Severn is running <25% on FO's this year. They won three -all loose balls v. Broadneck. It is very apparent who is the most important person the field.

Suggestions for the fans to engage. Shot clock w/smaller goal or eliminate Face-off similar to what basketball did with the tip-off after a made basket. Maybe, make a select group take the face-off (batting order of 10).

Not much to watch as a casual observer when the ball is passed around for two minutes with no attempt to score.

That is not a bad suggestion. Make FO's have an order..I think 10 is too much, Maybe 3 in order, that way a dominant FO guy can only control 1/3 FO's. It really is bad for some teams that cant get ball. I know..recruit or develope FO guys. I just think 3 in order would be good for game. College is boring watching some teams never lose a FO.

The best FO guys in the country are just born lucky I guess! Couldn't be that it requires skill and they work for it? What were those schools thinking when they were focusing on recruiting lucky players instead of skilled players? Nevermind, the school s are just lucky too!

They have been tinkering with Face offs forever. You do know at one time that there was no faceoff? At one time you could have six long poles out there! Talk about brutal !

I do think that we should have a faceoff, I like the 3 in row thing.. maybe 2 .It would make it more interesting. One FOGO wouldnt be able to dominate..just dominate 50% of time or 33% of time. Make game better in my opinion,