You get an awesome t-shirt for $190!

All kidding aside I thought it was a good event (DC). I would say that the evaluators have their team already set, so the outsiders (public school and mostly on age kids) have a very remote chance of making the final roster unless they are really exceptional and have an opportunity to shine. The evaluators are primarily the private school (IAC & WCAC) coaches and they know all of the private school kids. I would agree that most of those kids are the best players, so it is hard to argue with the results and final roster. A lot of talented kids to choose from for the final roster.

Attended the DC UA tryouts last year and my son was selected to play in the final cut down game, but did not make the final UA team representing DC. Which was fair! I thought he deserved to be in the final cut down game, but did not standout well enough to make the final roster. A moral victory I guess! He is a on age, public school kid and is committed to a mid-level D1 program. It was a great event to gauge his abilities with his peers. Especially for the public school kids that aren't blessed with the daily competitive environment that the private kids are exposed to.

There were three or four preliminary games then approximately 40 kids are selected to play in the final cut down game before the final roster is chosen to represent your region. I think there were about 200 kids trying out for each team of rising 9th/10th graders and 11th/12th graders for DC.