Originally Posted by Anonymous
There does seem to be a dearth of talent in the MIAA "A" this year, especially in the Sr class. I would say the same thing about the IAAM. How many current Srs in the MIAA/IAAM will make an impact as freshmen in college? Both conferences have had a great run of kids going to college and playing right away. I guess as fans/observers, we have been spoiled and are having to deal with an overall down year.
Let’s just round up all the 21’s and throw them in the river and start over. Who are you? A 22 dad whose kid is losing playing time to a 21?

I am the parent of a 21 and I have older children that played in the MIAA/IAAM. I could be wrong but it does seem like a down year overall with regard to the local seniors. More importantly, the matriculation lists for the schools in Baltimore are shaping up to be tremendous, especially in a brutally difficult year for college admissions.

This is why lots of kids are looking at schools that are traditionally NOT MIAA powers right now.
Teams like AS, JC, MSJ and Svrn are seeing a spike in interest. And still placing lots of kids on D1 teams.
Want to be one of 100+ lax players currently enrolled at McD, LB, CH or BL?
Want to wait 3 years to see time only to have a transfer from Colorado come in mid-term and beat you out?
I don't blame these kids/parents for looking elsewhere and trying to maximize their playing time.
And lets be honest, kids from those smaller programs will have LOTS of good game film against top tier talent.