Originally Posted by Anonymous
You detest #1 because of the shady nonsense that they’ve been doing in recent years to become #1. I think the comparison to what Gilman did with their football program is valid. Similar to the Patriots, people detest them because of their history of bending the rules to win Super Bowls.

In the long term who cares about all this? Those same CH kids will be working for my kid... if they pass the background check.

Why it matters is because its time to teach the next generations that hard work matters- in the long term too. In the long term, its not where you go to school or what you are told you are entitled to. As evidenced here on these boards, parents are leading their kids toward condescension, judgement, and disappointment- in the long term. We plant seeds on message boards that may take root one day leading you to peace and kindness. You never know. What is certain however, is that many posting on this service haven't found God and purpose yet in their lives. CH is teaching through lacrosse, and all its curriculum, how to be successful. 3 championships in a row, hopefully 4, is just the fruit of hard work, leadership, and character. Not to mention, winning lacrosse championships is fun.

You lost me when you invoked God and mentioned character. Spend 5 minutes watching and listening to Scott Rodgers on social media. The fact that he coaches kids at CHC and simultaneously goes off the rails on social media on a daily basis is proof that neither God or character trump lacrosse.

Scott Rodgers is the best!!!