Originally Posted by Anonymous
They only have a few players from that club. Some were very good club players but as all the kids grew and caught up to them they fell back with the pack of very good lacrosse players. I think St Johns has a few from that team as well but in the end many of the other kids from the HOCO league caught up to them by the time summer started last year. What that shows is how important practice is and with the kids practicing everyday in high school it will be much different. I hope they all have very successful starts to the high school season. I will give one word of advice do not take a spot on a varsity team unless your son is a STARTER. They will learn more from playing in games not watching and waiting. The JV teams are very good and they will get better playing.

They got 9 of the best Hawks players. The 2nd tier went to St John's. Still very good players but not the top guys

LOL, Grading kids out in 8th grade is "Fools Gold". If you give me 15 very good 8th graders, 8-10 pan out (start for a top 6 MIAA or comparable public school champion) in high school and 4 start on a top 20 D1 roster. Unless both parents and all of the siblings are Olympic (eg. Carl Lewis) or D1 athletes, no one knows for sure.

No doubt, but as of the fall as 9th graders, the kids better were the Spalding kids. Of course that can change. The Hawks at St Johns are very good too. My son is a Hawk who went to a totally different school so no bias here. They all will excel. Every kid on the current team will have D1 opportunities in college. Having 9 D1 kids from 1 class from 1 Club program is significant. i don't know enough about either roster but it doesn't take a lacrosse savant to figure out both squads will be towards the top when these kids are juniors and seniors. They are better than the others their age