Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It's Calvert Hall and everyone else for the foreseeable future; BK has the edge with recruiting and that will never change.

I agree.. The other schools need to figure it out quick. Unless they do, all of them will be fighting for second.

"If you're not FIRST, you're LAST!" -Ricky Bobby

I don't disagree with you and I love the quote... However....

One storied A conference program already has out-of-state players living at the coach's house and didn't make the playoffs.

Another pull-out-all-the-stops A conference program has out-of-state players living in its dorms (including one set to play his fifth season of high school varsity lacrosse next year) and they didn't make the final four.

And the attempts to find a short cut to the top of the standings down at Spalding have been well documented on this site.

But even when you are doing this crazy stuff it comes down to who can execute on the field. Coaching adjustments, grit, leadership, working together, making lacrosse plays, etc..

CH (and SM) simply got it done on the field in 2019.

We all saw an inspired Loyola squad knock off a highly touted BL team in 2013 and in 2015 we all saw a Band of Brothers type SM team beat a McD squad that had like 25 D1 commits on the roster.

I don't think that sort of thing is in the cards for tomorrow night but I do believe that the recent past has shown that getting the pieces lined up and working together properly in May can overcome perceived gaps in talent. I do like the grit and style of the 2019 SM team but this year's gap between CH and everyone else just seems too wide.