BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,740
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Thread Like Summary
BMitch, bmorelaxgod429, BrazeRohn, JenPea78, Marylandlaxer, SAT1234, TM@BOTC
Original Post (Thread Starter)
Boys High School #179989 08/08/2016 9:59 PM
by B_O_T_C
B_O_T_C
A new thread for the upcoming season.
Liked Replies
Re: Boys High School #306064 Aug 4th a 09:27 PM
by **DONOTDELETE**
**DONOTDELETE**
I think we need to go back into lockdown. All the crazies are loose.
1 member likes this
Re: Boys High School #337593 Jul 7th a 07:57 PM
by **DONOTDELETE**
**DONOTDELETE**
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Can someone please explain to me the whole UnderArmour tryout? My 2023 is registered but what should I expect? Is it only Thursday the 8th? What if he makes it? What would be the next schedule? What if he makes the Spotlight division? What schedule should I expect? Thanks

You should know that unless he is known by the current UA coaching staff he will not make the team!! There is nothing more political than the UA and Nike selection process.

Thanks for the help...next

Will give you my perspective after watching the tryouts for a couple years. The kids are broken up into teams. (It helps if your son lands on a team with talent. Doubt that there is any purposeful combining of talent on these teams, but clearly some teams have more talent than some others.) The coaches of these teams are sort of totems, and the kids seem to sub, most graciously, on their own. Of course, there is always the exception, but teams seem to deal with these types on their own. Each team plays about 3-4 mini-games (maybe 20 to 30 minutes running time). There are 2-3 evaluators at each game taking notes of their observations. After the 3-4 mini-games, the evaluators huddle someplace and select @ 45 kids they want to see go against each other in a call-back game. These 45 are broken up into 2 teams, which play each other in a full-time game, again with all evaluators on the sidelines. After the game, the evaluators meet again and select a 22(?)-man roster to represent the region. Don't believe the kids know anything before leaving the field, but are contacted later by the coach(es) if they've made the squad.

I won't dispute the fact that the coaches/evaluators know well many of the kids who will try out, and that this may influence some of their thinking. However, what they won't know is who will tryout and who won't, and if you don't tryout, then regardless of who you are, you're not going to be selected. Last year, 10 2022s (almost half the squad) were selected for the Highlight team. While some may have been premier players, the absence of many 2021s from tryouts probably had some bearing on the selection of the 2022s. Again this year, how many 2022s will tryout won't be known until 8 Jul. Some will try out, while others who are already verbally committed or have other playing requirements won't.

If your son makes the team, he can expect a couple practices in advance of the tourney. (As there is more the 3 weeks btwn the tryout and the tourney, perhaps there will be more practices than in the past, but I can't imagine the number will be overwhelming.) Can't help you at all with the Spotlight division, which is new to me. Thursday the 8th is the only tryout date. Best check the 2019 history of the tourney as last year was an aberration. Hope this helps. If I've missed or misrepresented something, the community is invited to chime in.

I can sum it up even better. While his tryouts and practice are in the ballpark, the tryouts are for very a few players. It is a great way to get in some games against great competition during tryouts, but that is it for majority of players. Coaches do know who is coming out except a few. The team is a coaches/friends/buddies coronation of some good players with a few unknow players thrown in. Not a tryout even in the least. All the taking notes is actually comical.
1 member likes this
Re: Boys High School #364166 Jan 26th a 09:49 PM
by **DONOTDELETE**
**DONOTDELETE**
I have a son who was diagnosed with a learning disability in first grade. Never once have I thought of him as “defective”. School has always been hard for him. He doesn’t tell many people that he has a learning disability. He just keeps plugging along. Athletic success has provided him with great confidence. He is playing D1 lacrosse. We are so proud of him. Please don’t ever refer to a child who has academic challenges as defective! It is cruel! I hope to god you never have a child who has some type of disability!
1 member likes this
Re: Boys High School #366143 Feb 14th a 05:30 PM
by **DONOTDELETE**
**DONOTDELETE**
[quote=Anonymous]he will graduate a 2022 but in reality was a 2021..he played 2021 for club until 9th grade...so i guess he didnt play up but played on grade until 9th grade when he and others from the Koopers team and up north formed a new team to play 2022

Those boys played Koopers 2022 in 8th grade possibly even 7th. They got smoked in the HOCO semifinal against the Hawks.

No post about any other HS teams?

Does that mean the other teams are irrelevant?
Can we get some news on the Boys Latin - STM transfer program? Or CH older players being ineligible to play in MIAA but being able to play out of conference? Or Preps multi transfer reclass program? DeMatha new coach? Gonzaga new coach? Or does the MIAA have an actual rule on when you can start team practice? Does the MIAA have any desire to enforce league rules? How SP - blakefield gonna compete this year?

Post anything about another team so we can discuss. What you got?
1 member likes this
Re: Boys High School #367601 Mar 1st a 04:47 AM
by **DONOTDELETE**
**DONOTDELETE**
Negatives on Public Schools: Only a handful of public high schools can even hang with the middle of the A Conference. Year to year its Severna Park, Broadneck and one or two programs in Montgomery, Howard and Baltimore Counties. As a player, you're not getting as much quality practice and game competition as the A Conference. Really important for these kids to play for a top club for quality reps/IQ and exposure to top college coaching staffs.

Positives for Public Schools: If you're good and have a great coaching staff, you may get a lot more individual focus and reps, which may bode well for college. Assuming its a great academic public school (most of the top public lacrosse schools have top GT tracts), its free. You can transfer at will as long as you're willing to move.

Negative on A Conference Programs: At the top programs, especially those with a lot of kids, its tough to get onto the field (especially to start as a freshman or sophomore) and stay there. If you're projected to be the number 5 attackman on the best attack in the Conference, you may want to look elsewhere as you won't see much PT. Tuition is a big negative if you don't qualify for financial aid especially at the non-Catholic privates. Once you attend an MIAA program, you can't transfer to another A conference program without sitting out a year.

Positive on A Conference Programs: In the top 2/3s of the Conference, great practice, game competition and top notch high school coaching. Every top college coach will take your call if you are a star for one of these teams and a top club. Usually (not always) a more consistent educational product with emphasis on all kids not just the G&T.

I'll just say that for negative isn't really a negative. If your kid wasn't getting time or on varsity on an A team, why would it matter whether their PS team could hang? There are 8 A teams that carry 40 plus kids. Of which only 18-20 can play on each team. That leaves over 160 kids staring at the field. If they are there for academics, then great. Enjoy the ride. If their hope is to play DII or III then they need game film, and it might be time to move on.

Not sure I agree. The A Conference rosters have a lot of kids going DIII who don't play much if at all in big games.

If they are ok with limited playing time then great. If they are not then they could go to PS and play more, save their parents money and go to the same DIII school. I get it though.. for some they would prefer to play at a higher level and play less. No wrong decision here. Only wrong decision is to stay put if your son is unhappy.
1 member likes this
Re: Boys High School #368022 Mar 4th a 01:44 PM
by **DONOTDELETE**
**DONOTDELETE**
54 listed at CH. What's the point?

52 if you only count the eligible ones.

STM's roster is the same way... 50 kids on both teams. So you are correct what is the point.
1 member likes this
Re: Boys High School #368611 Mar 9th a 03:06 AM
by **DONOTDELETE**
**DONOTDELETE**
SJC 10 BL 6
1 member likes this
Re: Boys High School #371980 Mar 29th a 10:02 AM
by **DONOTDELETE**
**DONOTDELETE**
Your “‘hit the wall more” response is so lame at this point ….it’s embarrassing. We all know you do 1000 strong & 1000 off hand reps 7 days a week and no one will ever do as much wall ball as you. You’re the best wall ball guy in the world. Are you a play maker with a high lacrosse IQ that finishes when you shoot? because if not…nobody cares about you’re wall ball talent. “Make more plays when you get your opportunities” would make you more creditable …this a HS forum if you think that “hit the wall more” retort makes you seem like a lacrosse genius ….it’s the complete opposite….I’m begging you dude…never say hit the wall more because we all know that’s what you do if you love the sport…we know who you are. Get off this forum it’s sad my man.

Sounds like someone needs to hit the wall more.
1 member likes this
Re: Boys High School #375315 Apr 20th a 07:51 PM
by **DONOTDELETE**
**DONOTDELETE**
[quote=Anonymous]Private school = “calculus is the math class that cost you $100k+ Per kid over 4 years… it’s an AP class for free in every public school in the state of MD” your shaming skills need some work bruh. I

Truth. Also teachers certified in the actual subject they teach. Imagine that.[/quote

Certifications don’t equal culture, traditions, respect, going back to school in person way before public schools, pride & teachers who are not union shop looking at the clock to see when they can bolt. ON top of it those MIAA schools turn out some pretty smart kids thanks to some great teachers and lack of multiple disciplinary issues that occur everyday in publics. Thanks for allowing me to free up a spot for your kid all while paying taxes for your kid, for my kid who does not use the spot & my kids tuition. Yes I made that decision and am glad I did, but just wanted to go through the math so we are straight. You are welcome.

I’ll take public school discipline problems over private school discipline problems any day. One stems from systemic issues. The other from entitlement.

Completely false narrative and extremely stereotypical!! My son had a choice between staying in public or going to private; he made the best decision for himself after weighing the options. After watching his growth both in and out of the classroom in private school, he made the right decision for HIM. Every kid is different and private school is not for everyone just like public school is not for everyone. Neither is better than the other unless you are talking about lacrosse and then of course private is the way to go....LOL
1 member likes this
Re: Boys High School #376241 Apr 27th a 02:18 AM
by **DONOTDELETE**
**DONOTDELETE**
CH is getting healthy and clean. They are coming

Glad to hear they are getting some goalies back.
1 member likes this
Re: Boys High School #376357 Apr 27th a 04:16 PM
by **DONOTDELETE**
**DONOTDELETE**
You have to love this forum; when there is blood in the water out come the sharks. It’s hilarious to read some of these comments from adults I’m assuming. Last week it was CH, before that is was SP and the public programs and now it’s LB. Next week it will another program that lost. All I know is these are 15-18 yr old “kids” working hard to compete each and every week and the ones that are supposed to be the examples to them act like fools on the sidelines and anonymous message boards. It truly is comical.
1 member likes this
Re: Boys High School #376469 Apr 28th a 11:45 AM
by **DONOTDELETE**
**DONOTDELETE**
What ever happened to St Mary’s kid that got into the fight?

Kicked off the team?

Recruited and scholarship to Spalding.
1 member likes this
Re: Boys High School #376690 Apr 29th a 03:43 PM
by **DONOTDELETE**
**DONOTDELETE**
Calvert Hall at. Boys' Latin
St. Paul's at McDonogh
Gilman at St. Mary's
Loyola at Spalding

The beauty of this league is that so late in the season pretty much everyone except MSJ is alive. If a team hits a hot streak or drops a couple late in the season it could reshuffle the whole deck. Right now, it looks like St. Mary's is probably in and could solidify that with one more win. BL is in a similar position. The teams with 4 wins have to be a little nervous. Spalding and McDonogh have Calvert Hall and Loyola nipping at their heels. CHC and Loyola need to win bad or they could be overtaken by Gilman, SP or even John Carroll.

Crazy to think that if CHC loses and St. Paul's upsets McDonogh, the Crusaders will move ahead of the Cards with their head to head win.

Loyola needs a win to stay in it. They are bubble out as it stands today. Spalding can jump to 3rd with a win over the Dons or drop to 6th with a loss and a McDonogh win, or 7th even if Calvert Hall wins.

Out already LB - JC - SP - Gil - MSJ. Not need to cont with the “great league” propaganda. We know some of our teams are great some aren’t. Lakers win back to back. Make the t-shirt.

Can we get a hat also? Know any good hat makers?
1 member likes this
Re: Boys High School #378151 May 9th a 02:50 AM
by **DONOTDELETE**
**DONOTDELETE**
Can we get this right it is spelled SPALDING not SPAULDING.... sheesh !
Spaulding, get your foot off the boat!!
1 member likes this
Re: Boys High School #378409 May 10th a 01:59 PM
by **DONOTDELETE**
**DONOTDELETE**
SJC 15 Gonzaga 11

SJC WCAC CHAMPS 19-0

Thought this was a Maryland forum

Well, there’s no DC forum and likely most of the best lax players in WCAC are from Maryland, so why not? Good chance many St Johns players likely would have been MIAA-A players too. As parent of an IAC player, I’m happy for St John’s. They deserve the accolades. Anyone who can’t simply acknowledge a great team is just a hater. This year, St Johns not only best in Maryland, but best in the nation. That’s great confirmation of all us qtr zips in Maryland. Great job Cadets! We’ll get you next year.
1 member likes this
Re: Boys High School #379036 May 13th a 11:47 PM
by **DONOTDELETE**
**DONOTDELETE**
The golden era of New cut Rd lacrosse is over. Good bye 2022 class, and hello bottom of the MIAA Spalding lax is so back!!!
1 member likes this
Re: Boys High School #379629 May 16th a 07:47 PM
by **DONOTDELETE**
**DONOTDELETE**
MCD and BL is going to be a great battle. CHC and STM is turning into an annual rivalry. Whatever the final, what an outstanding Tuesday Friday coming up as these 4 teams are very very good.

Hats off to StP and Severn for a great run and they will be in it year after year.

Gilman and Loyola will get back on their horses soon enough.

Yeah, good take. Tomorrow will be fun for lacrosse fans.

How dare you all sound reasonable and polite. That’s not what we do here.
1 member likes this
Re: Boys High School #380358 May 20th a 01:56 AM
by **DONOTDELETE**
**DONOTDELETE**
St Mary’s printed t shirts for making the semifinals lol

If you are triggered by students wearing matching t-shirts to a game wait until you find out about this one Spalding dad…
1 member likes this
Re: Boys High School #411237 Apr 28th a 01:21 AM
by **DONOTDELETE**
**DONOTDELETE**
Gilman’s not alone. Change in MIAA standings over the season reveals programs that prioritize player development and team lacrosse. For struggling teams: At best, it’s incompetence believing that success can come from a magic set of 16-18 players while coaches neuter the rest of the bench. At worst, it’s pure arrogance, abuse, and sabotage of the Creator’s Game. Not to mention - just terrible lacrosse to watch. SMH.
1 member likes this
Re: Boys High School #410144 Apr 18th a 12:08 PM
by **DONOTDELETE**
**DONOTDELETE**
When will somebody finally admit the dons are the real deal? Give us some credit baby!

The Dons will do as they do every year. Have a flashy good game against some team that is supposed to beat them. Then within a week or two, are back to their normal self's with celebrities and daddies boys on the field instead of the better players. Once again , showing us why they collapse every year with the " look at me " attitude.
1 member likes this