Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I have a son who is in 8th grade who is a decent player. I am considering sending home to Spalding or Severn. Interesting in hearing various opinions as to which school should provide the most development for my son, as well as be most competitive team during the 22 to 26 seasons.

Once the 22 class leaves spalding will be irrelevant(as if they haven’t already been irrelevant). They’ve also got a lot of daddy ball and nepotism going on in their program so take that for what you will. I don’t know too much about their coaches but after seeing some of their games and the amount of talent they had(as far as kids going to college) their performance was very disappointing. Severn is a far better school and I know their 23/24 classes are very solid. Their coach is relatively new but I’d say he’s definitely a better hc than Phipps.

You need to watch Severn and Spaulding practice several times. You also need to watch how the staff interacts with the players during practice and games.
You know your kid and what type of teaching/ coaching style he will respond to and a good way to determine which program is the right fit is to watch and listen to the different staffs.