Originally Posted by Anonymous
Amazing that people are still using a kids age as an excuse as to why their own kid isn't able to perform at a higher level.

If you just turned 16 as a freshman in high school and you are starting on varsity in the MIAA which is the most competitive lax conference in the country and playing against 17,18 and 19 year olds, where is the advantage? I personally give the young man credit for competing regardless of the result at seasons end.

If my memory serves me correctly this same kid started on varsity as an 8th grader in Florida and was the top FOGO in the state going nearly 80% on the season. Where was the advantage last year when he was 14-15 competing against 17,18 and 19 year olds?

I give credit where it's due and I most certainly don't make excuses as to why my son hasn't been recruited, sits the bench or didn't make the varsity squad, maybe the people on this site that are so critical should stop making excuses for their kids and accept the fact that they just may not be good enough to play varsity or college lacrosse.

He was an 8th grader in Florida... as per your post... different place than Baltimore. That said, I agree with you. He is starting in the best hs lacrosse league in the USA. Props to the young man and like I said, he may well accelerate his growth as a player. He is certainly set up for success.

My point is that age works itself out for the most part and matters less and less as the kids progress through high school to the next level.