Originally Posted by Anonymous
The Canadian holdbacks playing against the Baltimore holdbacks - what is so unsettling about that?

Not exactly close. Some Baltimore teams have some one year holdbacks on their roster, can range anywhere from 2 to about 6, on a total roster of about 22-25 players. Hill Academy players are, for the most part 2 years older than Baltimore teams. Most all of their roster have players that are a one year holdback and now are doing a PG year at Hill. So it is not even close to being equal. I would bet some of their players are 20 years old or close to it.

My son is doing a PG year at The Hill Academy this year. Guess what, he turned 18 this past fall. He said there is one player on the team that is 19. Sorry this information doesn't fit into your paradigm. The team is good due to dedicated professional coaching and very driven players, not because the players are older.

Here is a great article:
http://www.si.com/edge/2016/05/04/the-hill-academy-lacrosse-canada-high-school-brodie-merrill

May I ask why your son is doing a PG year? Is it for academics or to further enhance his game? If for academics, I applaud you forgiving your son the opportunity to gain and grow in the academic world. If for game enhancement, will the payback be worth the cost, I know the Hill Academy is expensive. My son is a hs freshman, does ok in school but I wish his grades were at a higher level and if they remain at this level a PG year may help him. He tries hard and is focused on his school work, just takes him a little longer.