Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by NassauLaxDad516
Spalding 8 Loyola 7

Shocker. I’m starting to think the WCAC is the better/deeper lacrosse conference. DeMatha destroyed them.

MIAA has some good players but overall teams are weak this year

I thought the MIAA was arguably the toughest league out there but I am from LI so I could have heard that from some bias friends. Where do you go to find Maryland/VA High School lacrosse scores?

The MIAA is the toughest league around. These people are crazy. Sure teams lose from time to time. But no public school would have a winning record in the MIAA. Not even close.

Of course they wouldn’t as no public school actively recruits players for high school sports, offers scholarships or provides the ability to hold players back. The coaches also coach mainly for the love of the sport/kids and are of a different background than the private school coaches. It takes a lot of resilience for an elite public school kid to pass on the private schools who come calling. It is rarely a funding issue as the best are offered full tuition at certain schools. More power to those kids. The discussion was not whether the public schools teams would have a winning record but they do have quite a few very talented kids who can help cause an upset here and there and when that happens they should be applauded as they do it with a different foundation.