Originally Posted by Anonymous
Agreed. There are more respectful ways to point out that LB stinks.

Just tell them to watch the tape. Or the behavior in the stands. Or on the sidelines.

On the positive side, the LB Freshman team went undefeated. So there's a whole new class of promising kids who can get buried on the bench behind larger donors, and not developed.

Let it go!! You're constant bashing is old and tiresome. If you're so unhappy head over to CH or local public school.

You can't transfer without sitting out a year because of the MIAA rules. Lots of good players were kids sold a bill of goods at these schools. Then buried behind underperforming talent. Do your research parents. It's no fun sitting on the bench AND losing. Just ask all the kids at LB and CH.

Maybe the underperforming talent is actually on the bench - something to consider.

For LB to rebuild they need to reboot everything. It starts with the Administration. Without their support (and I don't mean lip service because there's plenty of that from current and past Presidents, Principals and ADs) alums, current and prospective lacrosse parents are tilting at windmills, not improving the Program. Loyola has failed to recruit (yes I mean incentivize through whatever legal and ethical means possible) enough dual or three sport scholar athletes to make their lacrosse program as successful as CHC. LB's championship teams have always had a strong core of mulitsport athletes plus a dedicated group of single sport laxers. They were led by coaching staffs that had a good mix of coaching and playing experience. When you combine a strong nucleus of A Conference football, soccer, basketball, wrestling and now volleyball stars (primarily speed/athletic positions) with a highly recruited group of lax rats, you generally have a great pool of talent to work with? Smart HCs recruit multi-boy families who show strong potential at the club level game. All's for naught, if your coaching staff can't evaluate, recruit or develop talent. Its a vicious cycle. Donors don't want to give to an unproven coaching staff or AD.

Whether the LB folks want to hear it or not, SP's hard at work rebuilding their Program and its looking good on the field. Regarding F/S and JV teams, larger all boys programs have all three. Your core contributors generally star on JV as freshman or play a meaningful role on varsity. Occasionally you will see a kid blossom from the F/S team and be a starter on varsity. If a Program is super strong (BL in 2014 and 2014), future Tewaaraton players can even end up on the JV roster for a year or two.....In a rebuild, the varsity HC will generally keep a superstar freshman on varsity to get him quality minutes and training. If I had a magic wand, I would endow the HC and both coordinators' comps if the Admin actually picked someone with a great track record as a proven recruiter, developer of talent and HC. Then I would endow a leadership fund, which could fund attractive partial scholarships for qualified multi sport scholar athletes. After raising the funds and hiring the right staff, it would take 2-3 years of successful recruiting and player development to translate into perennial playoff berths. Maybe now that the School has invested (lacrosse and football alums) millions into a modern practice complex, the institutional will to improve the lacrosse and football programs will arise from the ashes like a phoenix.