Originally Posted by Anonymous
Who wants to bet that Lids CEO’s mediocre kid gets a gushy shout out by Ty Xanders? Paying for Ty to attend and flying him to Tennessee on a private plane has a certain effect on people. Here’s to Daddy ball!

You watch the first set of games posted on LSN ? Player played well and it doesn’t matter who he is dad is. Get over it if you haven’t even made an effort to actually watch him play. Maybe spend more time getting your boy up to speed.

Lol. As predicted - Daddy Lids gets his boy a write up.

Xanders is who he is. Remember him a couple years ago saying lacrosse needs to do something with all these over age players playing down. He even said it was over the top with so many. Quickly shouted down by MIAA coaches/parents and UA and never a word since.

At least lacrosse has one person writing about recruits. But , Dont expect anything but a bread butterer from Xanders.

I just read Xander’s write up. I think his write up of certain kids is objectifying them and it unacceptable from someone who recruits kids. I seriously hope coaches don’t listen to this joke of a writer. I implore IL to do better than this. In these current times it is offensive. You need to do better. I am sure you can find a better writer who is more professional!

Give an example of objectifying them, I don't think that's the case. That said, I'm from LI and my son is not in the '22 age group and I don't know about the Lids CEO but it's plainly obvious who the kid is when Ty uses words like "gritty", "steady" and "deceptively fast". That's a joke, at least put him in Honorable Mention.

Also, at a minimum one of the boys in Hon Mention was clearly just written up b/c of his 'reputation'. At this point, who cares what the kid looked like in 7th and 8th grade? These boys are rising juniors, they've all hit puberty, tell me who looks the best right now.