Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
They had MCD 3-2 at half today (a freshman scored 2 of their first 3) and lost a close game in the 4th 7-4. Given the number of underclassmen they had playing they're going to be a force to be reckoned with next year. Lots of haters out there but this team is a 3 highly skilled offensive players and a 1-2 years from cracking the top 4. They've already topped Severn so when Saint Mary's graduates their upperclassmen heavy roster, the Cavaliers will rule the roost in AA County. All of the haters better get ready for some real "Friday night lights".

It is sweet that you can find silver linings in a three-goal home loss to a 0-4 team. It is also more than a little naive.

Looking ahead to "next year" is a risky business and the annual refrain of "next year" out of the Spalding camp is one of (several) reasons they are the butt of jokes. Players transfer. Players get hurt. Players stop developing. Players suddenly accelerate in their development. Etc.

I know they have brought in a lot of high potential players and they have been hyping the JV's success. I'd love to see your prediction come true. It would be great to add that unique Spalding "Public School you pay to go to" vibe to the top of the conference.

But I have to ask: Does Spalding have the staff to evolve and improve the team as these twists come down the road? And is there player / parent / administration buy-in to keep everyone in line and believing even as the team suffers through embarrassing season after embarrassing season?

There must be a great reason for your talk about Spalding? Son get cut ? Not get into school? Told to leave ? Spot taken on the roster by recent transfer? Or are you just jealous of success? Lets hear the story ?? Got to be good !

Leading 3-2 half and losing to McD 7-4 is a step in right direction for this team. Well it is for most , but the bitter people of world, not so much