Originally Posted by Anonymous
Never said there were not 19 year olds playing. Said you couldn't turn 19 until school started, therefore playing as a 20 year old. Again...urban legend.

I think you know what I meant my man. Since we are wordsmithing everything, you can turn 19 before school starts and not play as a 20 year old. There was a 21 year old(again, verified not heresay)!who was playing a sport in the MIAA a couple seasons ago. Even the college he plays at, their bio has the age I saw on an official document a few years ago. Young man is 24 as a redshirt sophomore.

I am almost too scared to tell you what I know about Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny lol

Different poster and a couple of things. Are you saying students who turn 19 on or after 9/1 shouldn't allowed to play high school sports as a senior? I agree the 9/1 date for class based sports is way too generous and should be dialed back to at least 1/1 or 4/1 really.

And it seems as if you are taking one example of 1 student a couple of seasons ago who was snuck through the system not playing lacrosse and making it out to be a rampant issue. If rampant is defined as 3-4 in the MIAA in any given year then ok. That 3-4 who are born prior to 9/1 the year before and are playing on class based teams is ridiculous. As those kids get to high school, those are the ones you always see transfer to post grad schools.

I am not saying anyone shouldn't be allowed to play just disputing the poster who said this doesn't happen. Remember, I posted that MY Athletic Department petitioned, got approved, and played a 20 year old. My definition of rampant is different. There are thousands of athletes each year playing throughout the MIAA. There are definitely more than 3-4 because I see the waiver list and that is even higher than the 3-4. Now is it the Wild Wild West out there? Again, I hear the rumors of certain sports in certain schools. Hard to comment because I don't know if it's the school/coaches cheating or is it coming from the student/family side. We are not paid to be CIA from our schools and there isn't much from the MIAA except to certify the players are of age. We get a list every year from our school administration with everyone's birthdate. I have seen cases at a former school and remember we have friends in other schools. I had a friend at a private in DC who had a student a few years ago turning 19 but not until October. The kid was posting all over social media about his birthday in July. No, he didn't launch an investigation into it and he shouldn't. Let's not be naïve, at Privates,it isn't good business to investigate and chase students away as seniors because we discovered they were too old. Some have committed to colleges or hoping to and something like this could really jeopardize their future. I am also fine, our coaches aren't sometimes lol, with losing in the playoffs against a suspected or known 20 year old rather than drag something like that through the media by protesting