Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is Severn moving to the MIAA B league?

Probably should

No more than John Carroll or St. Joe should...

Everyone should move down to B except Calvert Hall. They win another Championship this year as easy as they did last year. And many of their top players will be in HS next few years. The CH boys team is trying their best to do an imitation of McDonough's girls team.

Agree that is prohibitive favorite going into spring, but LB, SP, BL, McD, SM Gilman all have exceptional senior classes. That year is crazy good which will make for an exciting spring. After this year the talent gap lessens between Ch and a few other programs. But that can change on a dime since all of them are now going after out of state studs. Because you know we don't have enough talent here in bmore

Here's my assessment of the MIAA A Conference based on last weekend's NHSLS:

CHC: Clearly the favorite: super strong team D. Big, fast, good and well coached. Good keeper. Rode like a bunch of crazed hyenas. Offensively not as explosive as last year but give them time: its early and they have the horses. This will be the team the beat. Not sure they go undefeated but it will take a Herculean effort to knock them out. Top to bottom, the best coaching staff in the Conference.
MCD: Super at the FO X and strong across the board. O looked much improved with more players participating and contributing. D back and a year older and bigger. Two newcomers in the cage who both looked strong.
Gilman: Strong senior class. Very talented in all aspects. Offense needs some work but the O always takes time. Confident this new coaching staff will change the Program's culture and get results.
Loyola: Good showing and a solid team but not sure they will finish in the standings: Could be anywhere from 2-6. They have arguably the best keeper in the Conference back so they will be in every game come the Spring.
Spalding: Most improved squad out there: the youth movement has worked out much to the chagrin of many on this Forum. Not sure, they have enough depth to finish in the top 4 but confident they will be in the playoffs. Knocking off Gonzaga, Bullis and a draw versus SJC are good signs.
St. Paul's: Looked like they were missing some kids due to injuries, but this team does not look as strong as last year's squad. Extremely well coached but I'm not sure they have impact players to make the top 6.
Boys Latin: Incomplete grade: I believe they're in that second tier chasing CHC but the fact they split into teams, (looked like no committed seniors etc and some big stars out with injuries.), it was difficult to tell where they'll finish or even how they looked?
I didn't watch MSJ or JC and Severn didn't post, but based on their scores, I don't think any of them will be in the Semis or even the top six squads.