Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yes they will.

Conclusion: Do well in high school and on your SATs: get an academic scholarship and play D3 and have more fun. No coach can hold $$ over your head. If you're a D1 level player, you won't have to kill yourself to get PT in D3. Maybe you join a D3 program that let's you take a semester abroad? Enjoy college and life. If I had a dollar for every kid (many of whom were starters on national championship teams) who told me if they had to do it all over again they would have gone a different route, I would be a millionaire. Study hard and take a serious major for a great career. Don't let a college coach hijack what is supposed to be the best time in your life! D1 lacrosse in the 70s and 80s was more fun (no semesters abroad) before it got too serious. If you're bright enough and ambitious, there is not a pro league that pays you enough for the fun you forgo in college.

Life doesn't come in a one-size-fits-all. There is tremendous challenge with being a D1 athlete and that challenge, when met, is rewarded with great self esteem and foundational fortitude. A young man has only one chance to test himself athletically in his college experience. There are no do-overs with athletics.