Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]2020 Crabs player born in 3/2000 - that makes him 17 in March of 2017. 17 in the 9th grade. Let that sink in....

That is hard to believe! Not doubting you as I have heard that rumor from a parent too. If true he would be 20 in Senior year and couldnt play in HS per rules. Is there exceptions???

Turning 16 in 9th is common in MIAA schools. And spare me that they are mainly born in summer. Many are but many arent. [/And your still wrong about the birthday. So many know it allast.

16 in 9th grade is common? My son turned 14 in 9th grade. It is amazing for a "correct age" based player to get an opportunity when competing for spots against players two full years older.

Not as common as some on this site lead you to believe. Thru coaching or knowing the kids I am generally familiar with the birthdays of 12 of the baltimore areas 2020 kids with college commitments. 6 of those were born after 9/1/01. 4 were born in summer of 2001. 2 will turn 16 during their freshman year. So there are plenty of "correct age" kids - even in Maryland that get opportunities.

As for the post about a 2020 kid that turns 17 March, there was a fair amount of negative banter towards a particular Crab player turning 16 last spring. His bday became public due to making the UA team. His bday is 3/01 not 3/00.

This is not to say that hold-backs for sports is not a problem or that it's not higher among certain MIAA schools. Just offering perspective as opposed to exaggeration.