Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Comical the resentment and bitterness towards out of state players. It has been happening for decades in this sport and even longer in other sports. Why is it so bad if a kid from the Midwest or South has the means to attend a great academic school and is good enough to play a sport there? To compete at a sport they love against the best the sport has to offer. MIAA teams carry 30-40 players on a team. If your kid is not making the team or playing I doubt it has to due with a handful out of state players on each team. Baltimore schools some more than others have been doing this for a long time along with the holdbacks. Severn, St. Mary's and Spalding are catching up with the holdbacks not so much with the out of state players. Nonetheless, it is a trend across the board. LOSING certainly changes the narrative for those parents that can't handle that their kid is sitting on the bench and not playing. Send your kid to the boarding school if you think it's such an affair advantage. If a player or coach is not playing or losing it usually has to do with being out WORKED!! Most 8th grade AA-Elite players can get into any High School they want and choose where to go. Doesn't matter the geographic.They're all Private Schools! To pick a school and then complain the blues when kid gets cut, not playing, not being developed or just losing is
comical.
CHC is the only(MIAA) team in the last 20 years to have run like this. The above thread shows who has won year after year. Players are flocking to that program from all over the state and country. WINNING does that.
Which is why it is great for the entire league.It elevates the entire league. Playing CHC and beating them means so much more.It means the work put in has matched or exceeded CHC work. Wether it is getting more holdbacks, out of state players , best club players or just out Coaching them or beating them on the field with the personnel on the team. Either way soreness and bitterness are traits of losing.

Comical?? Not sure I find it comical . Taking this to its conclusion, the end result will be All Star teams that are from all over the country. Great lacrosse with limited local players . The sport is growing in many areas with great athletes that hopefully will be recruited to play in the best league in USA.

I cant wait to see how some MIAA schools respond to the recruiting/boarding of players. The rules are clear if you care to look for all MIAA schools, But they all turn a blind eye to the schools recruiting now.

What I do find comical is MIAA schools refusing to play St Francis due to their recruiting of football players. Wonder if we will see any indignation from Spalding ? Severn ? or whoever as they refuse to play a school that recruits out of state talent. LOL

Classic responses from the gallery! I am not affiliated with CHC- pretty sure CHC lacrosse and every other MIAA lacrosse school also did not want to play St Francis..
Comparing that as an argument why you dislike the landscape of MIAA lacrosse is very COMICAL! Criticizing a player who has work ethic and is successful just because he plays and your kid doesn't is COMICAL! To think they don't have to work hard to be the best or they some how don't love the game the same. My boy and his teammates in Club - School and pick up games all want to play against the best and do what it takes to achieve that. The return is a good college education and to continue to grow and party(play) at the college level.Last I checked Lacrosse is growing bigger and faster than ever before.There is a place for every level of player in high school and college.Pleases top acting like parents are pushing some higher agenda for their unwilling kid.The only ones doing that are the ones on here crying the blues and making everyone laugh with the comedy show. Last I checked MIAA schools send hundreds of players to D2-D3 and Club teams every year along with D1.
Believe me, AA county MIAA lacrosse schools will never stop competing against anyone! So please continue with the comedy show instead of taking your kid to the right school that fits his capabilities.Where I know he will shine and be attending the same college party as all the other over achievers, holdbacks, boarders,spoiled brats and winners.

You sound triggered ! Try to keep up. we are discussing boarding and bringing in out of state players, not you bragging about your son and his superstar teammates. Obvious from your response that you had to hold your son back to compete against younger players, Good for you. Way to get him on course.