Originally Posted by Anonymous
Everyone talks about this re-class thing or pre-first etc. like its a huge crime, Lacrosse has become a huge money maker for schools, coaches etc and now the parents should use it for what its worth. And this is what I mean, if you re-class your child for whatever reason and it helps him athletically, academically, and helps him get into a great school of his choice then as a parent you did what you should do. There's a very prominent lacrosse family whose kids have graduated from JHU, UVA, Georgetown, Rutgers, Boston U all because of lacrosse. Based on those degrees I would say the investment they made more then paid off. btw I wish my parents held me back more...this work thing sucks!

Everyone talks about this re-class thing or pre-first etc. like its a huge crime, Lacrosse has become a huge money maker for schools, coaches etc and now the parents should use it for what its worth. And this is what I mean, if you re-class your child for whatever reason and it helps him athletically, academically, and helps him get into a great school of his choice then as a parent you did what you should do. There's a very prominent lacrosse family whose kids have graduated from JHU, UVA, Georgetown, Rutgers, Boston U all because of lacrosse. Based on those degrees I would say the investment they made more then paid off. btw I wish my parents held me back more...this work thing sucks!

And what has this prominent lacrosse family accomplished???
Assistant Hopkins women's lacrosse coach. Sorry I prefer grad school and a doctorate.