Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Talk about politics in lacrosse, Christ! Just saw that ford somehow got his kid named as a captain in NB all American game. That kid being selected as a captain is a sham let alone him being a first wave selection is even more of a clown show. The kid is lazy and only thrives when surrounded by legit talent, but the fact that he’s a “captain” in the game doesn’t surprise me! Big Ford has an agenda for his kid to be a top player and will pull all the strings he has to so it can happen, it’s not only shameful but lacks the integrity of the game. I think to be a captain in this game you should at least be the best offensive player on your team, which he is not only showcasing how ridiculous this selection committee truly is.
I disagree. I don’t think a captain has to be one of your best players, I think a captain has to be one of your best influencers. Your captain needs to be a kid who your other players respect, look up too, your captain needs to be somebody with leadership skills, it’s not just about on the field. The whole idea of a captain of a team is more for the camaraderie of the team than it is for what’s going on on the field. It’s more of a leadership role off the field than it is playing on the field. He may not be the best player, but he may be a good captain. I don’t know the kid at all other than what I read on this forum, just trying to Point out that there’s a lot more to a captain than ability..

I agree with your logic on being a good captain but not for an ALL STAR team, Big Ford has his hands in everything the worst being the NLF..