Originally Posted by Anonymous
One has to think the heat is turned up at Duke. Best player transfers weak seasons

c
kimel is out soon

Sounds like someone is bitter about Duke, going on and on. Didn’t get the call from Duke Sept 1st? Why on earth is her job in jeopardy according to you? Duke is in about the same category with the top 1/3 of teams in Div 1. In and out of top 20 year after year. All but a half dozen teams do that exact same thing. Why is Duke a sore point for you?

Not the person that you are responding to and I am not bitter and have nothing against Duke but I think the coach may be on the hot seat as well. If you look at the past eight years (I picked eight because that would show programs going through two full four year recruiting cycles).

Only eight programs have finished the season ranked in the Top 20 in each of the past eight years.

Maryland
North Carolina
Northwestern
Syracuse
Florida
Virginia
Princeton
Penn

Top 20 seven of past eight years - Boston College, Stony Brook, Penn State, Notre Dame.

Loyola was next with six out of eight.

Duke and Umass five of the past eight years.

The issue with Duke is that they went from being a Top 10 maybe even Top 5 program to not being in the Top 20 the past three years (they finished 21 last year).

I think the coach has to do well Top 15 - 20 this year or we might see a change.

Looking at just the past four years the top programs look much the same... Only 10 Programs have Finished the year ranked in the Top 20 every year.

They are: Maryland, NorthCarolina, Northwestern, Syracuse, Virginia, Princeton, Penn, Boston College, Stony Brook, Florida.

Three of the past four years : JMU, Notre Dame, Penn State, Colorado .

Duke has only finished ranked in the Top 20 once in the past four years. If they finish outside the Top 20 again this year I would not consider them a Top 20 Program.