Originally Posted by Anonymous
c
2 players have a legit shot at the teewarrtin award. Apuzzo and McCool that's it. who evers team goes further in the tournament will win the award. plain and simple. end of discussion. no one else is worthy.

Sorry there are others but I would not argue that they are near the to of the list. If that the case it will depend on how much the committee values the defensive side of the game as McCool is in my opinion possibly the best player in college on the defensive side of the ball.

McCool's first two years were her best, in 6 competitive games this year 21 goals on 56 shots (37%), 3 assists, 2 more Turnovers than Caused TO (11/9), Below average FP shot percentage,12 GB & 51 DC - the DC's are the only top ten category she's in regarding any offensive or defensive metric. The double digit shots every game seems to have slowed down, perhaps Levy spoke to her. Great player, but seems to have drifted from the team concept that initially made her great. That being said, being on team USA and the UNC marketing machine will go a long way with the voters so anything is possible

Dude, you nailed it. I actually used to be much more impressed with her until this year. This year has the me brand lacrosse going hard and not executing it very well. All players roles will change from year to year with upper classmen graduating out then under classmen pressuring from below. Not all players get better each year, some get worse. It could be they don’t fit the new role, it could be they garner more attention from opposing teams, or a myriad of other reasons.

Dude , you are obviously ignorant . Answer this , name one midfielder who is better than her on the defensive side .