Originally Posted by Anonymous
completely agree that some 100% minute players at club level don't even make a UNC / Maryland roster let alone play. Look at the commitment pages of these clubs tons of girls going to Sacred Heart, Quinnipiac, Monmouth, Marist and ST Francis so they can 1, make the team, 2 actually get playing time.

And on the other point of getting better. SB players leave as better players than when they got there. In years past no names on way in and all americans and T watch players on way out

Many players at many programs leave as better players than when they went in.

If you use the senior Under Armour rosters as a proxy for this discussion, the Stonybrook side has a point. Since 2006 (13 years), 44 girls per year for a total of 572 players, Stonybrook has only had 2 players make the team (Taryn Ohlmiller 2016 and Shonly Wallace 2018). Below is each team that has had 10 or more UAAA since 2006 . Note Spallina there for 8 recruiting classes, Florida program had players starting in 2009 as their program was new and USC program is 7 years old. I am sure age of program and coaching changes impacted the totals for others as well. It also shows that some schools and coaches that get "the best players" make them into champions and others do not. I threw in JMU to show it can be done without "the best players", their 4 all graduated prior to last year's championship team. The UAAA site has all of the data, did my best to be accurate.

SCHOOL UAAA
Maryland 60
UNC 50
Virginia 47
Duke 42
Northwestern 37
Florida 33
Syracuse 33
Georgetown 33
Norte Dame 30
Princeton 22
Johns Hopkins 21
BC 19
Loyola 19
Penn State 14
Stanford 11
Harvard 11
Dartmouth 11
USC 10
Vanderbilt 10
Penn 10
James Madison 4
Stonybrook 2

I think the original post was regarding the fact that many, if not all, the schools listed above had little to no interest for the HS kids recruited by SB, the one's all over every IL/UA/Nike list, etc. and yet they put a very competitive product on the field. Reality is SB has little to no chance of recruiting against those schools and never will, but they seem to be doing just fine