Originally Posted by Anonymous
What is going on in Syracuse? I thought they had a shot at winning it all but after watching last night I'm not sure they will win another game (ACC Tournament or first round NCAA Tournament). Their Draw was a disaster, they are slow through the midfield, their defense looked weak and overall they did not look very athletic. They are very skilled offensively (almost too slick). They do not re-defend very well at all (not fast or athletic). Their goalie is good although had a few bad breaks last night with deflected shots etc... Watching the game, I never thought they would lose but they just did not look good. That said, if they can find a way to gain more possessions they might have a chance because I do think they can score. Lets hope last night was a bad dream with a number of pipes and the Cornell goalie making a few very good saves. Cuse will most likely be the 4 seed in the ACC Tourney and will play Virginia. Can't see them beating Virgina with the type of performance they put on last night.

They are just not a very athletic team on either side of the field. It cannot be the easiest to get to level recruits especially from outside of NY wanting to go to Cuse anymore.