Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
About to get myself in trouble but here it is .Have been watching as many games as possible w the Tewaaraton in mind . Start w KO , probably the best finisher in the game but the eyeball test says a lot is a function of their offense and who they are playing. She ends up w a lot of 1 on 1 opportunities little of which is created by herself .
Shayna Precca deserves to be in this discussion , scoring at a high rate mainly thru her own effort creating her own opportunities . Neither player adds much other than scoring as not involved in the draw and neither great at riding.
Apuzzo is also in the discussion and I believe the best all around offensive player as in gets teammates involved but also scores . She is good at the draw not great and decent at the ride .
Casey Bear should be high on this list , does it all , good at the draw ; solid defense , scores on the offensive side .
That said if I were starting a team there is no question in my mind I would take McCool as my first pick , excellent at the draw and on the circle , superior defender , scores although not the best shooter , great in the clear and ground balls and a do it all between the 30’s player.
I don’t think it’s that close if your looking for an all around impact player.

Stony Brooks offense is designed to get layups (as all good offenses should be designed). Stony Brook also understands how to run a fast break (not just have someone charge to the goal).

It is really a function of coaching. Some coaches can develop an offensive scheme (and teach it) that can get the defense to slide/move/rotate and then move the ball fast enough to get that easy layup. Other coaches either do not understand it or can't teach it so the rely on players to try to run to the goal (create their own opportunity) which rarely will result in a championship. In most cases that stye of play will implode come playoff time and or be shut down by good coaching and solid team defense.

Give me the do it all midfielder who is selfless, plays great defense, hustles to get back on D, comes up with ground balls and knows when to go to goal and when to move the ball.

McCool forces way too many bad shots