Originally Posted by Anonymous
"Your Idea of "higher education" is overspending on elitist liberals that can't do the thing they teach in the real world ( those that can do, those that can't teach) 99% of the parents that come on this site don't really care what there kids study in college, otherwise that would dominate the conversation. 99% of the parents on this site want to brag that there kid is a top recruit at a US News top 100 school. Thats why half the UMD roster has a major in Numbers and science"

Your post is the exact reason a higher education matters. Please go back to your rigorous electrical school training and speak to your non elitist professor in regard to the use of their and there. Also what the heck is a major in " numbers and science". Are you trying to say that a major in science such as biology at UMD is easy.
Your right, I asked my non elitist professor about their and there and he said turn off spell check. But seems as your so much smarter than me and every other electrician maybe you can answer this for us? I want to run a circuit in you castle that is 300' away using #12 than copper wire o a 20 amp breaker, Using 2x K I L / cmil will I drop below 3% and burn your castle to the ground? this should be easy for a vastly educated individual such as yourself, its basic trig

I would hire an electrical engineer from Northwestern to figure it out and then go to lunch and have a Martini.

I don't think that you will find one on the lacrosse team...

The jealousy never ends... Here is a reality for you. There are young women who are better than your daughter on the field as well as in the classroom. These young women will go to great schools and play for the most competitive lacrosse programs. The majority of those young women will develop in all areas of their lives and will become successful in their chosen endeavors. Some will become teachers and coaches, some will go to Wall Street or Big Business, some will go to graduate school, some to law school, some to med school, some will be homemakers, some will become engineers, some will work for the federal government, some will become cops some will struggle to find their way, some will go into politics etc..

Here is a fact: If your daughter is a really good lacrosse player as well as a good student she can go to:

1 Maryland
2 Boston College
3 North Carolina
4 Syracuse 551
5 Northwestern
6 Virginia
7 Notre Dame
8 Michigan
9 Princeton
10 James Madison
11 Loyola
12 Penn
13 Duke
14 Navy
15 Denver
16 Southern California
17 Stony Brook
T-18 Dartmouth
T-18 Florida
20 Colorado
21 Johns Hopkins
22 Stanford
23 Virginia Tech
24 High Point
25 Penn State
RV Georgetown

The beauty of girls lacrosse is... even if your daughter is just an average athlete / lacrosse player there are many good options for for her.

Hate all that you want... it will not make your daughter any better and it will not hurt the your women who do better on the field or in the classroom.

Well said, could not agree more and a burn of the haters.