Originally Posted by Anonymous

Honest question: Has Stony Brook ever beat a Top 10 Te? Also, what do you mean by "considering Maryland and Boston College"?
[/quote]

sorry my point was SB had a nice season despite what they graduated last year and that statement is accurate. the BC <aryland part was supposed to say projected final. They have beaten top 10 teams went back and looked they have beaten a fair amount of 5-10's Florida, Northwestern, USC Colorado two years ago can't recall any others top 5's I don't believe so. I may be in the minority but having smaller conference schools relevant is Great for the sport. Truth is more often than not Blue Bloods will prevail[/quote]

Had to check...

Since 2014 Stony Brook has won four games vs Top 10 opponents 2015 - #6 Northwestern in , 20116 - #10 Stanford, 2017 - #8 USC, 2018 - # 8 Northwestern.

They have beaten a significant number of Top Programs in recent years and those teams may have been ranked in the Top 10 at the time of the contest but they did not finish the season ranked in the Top 10. Some of very good pereniel top programs including Boston College, Florida, Johns Hopkins, Penn State, Penn have all fallen to The Seawolves in recent years.

Stony Brook (players and coaches) have done a fantastic job and they should be congrtulated for their efforts and what they have accomplished. Very few coaches / programs have been able to do what has been done at SBU. We all know the 10 - 15 programs that are there every year but outside of those programs what schools/coaches/players have been able to crack the Top 20 for seven straight years?

2012 - Others receiving votes
2013 - 11
2014 - 20
2015 - 11
2016 - 8
2017 - 4
2018 - 5
2019 - 15 current rank as of May 6th.

JMU has won a National Championship and has finished the season in the Top 20 three times and has been "others receiving votes twice since 2012.
Navy has been to the Final Four and has done an incredible Job.

There are some really great schools that can't seem to get over the hump. Some schools have a good year every now and again but are unable to consistently field competitive teams. Other programs never seem to be competitive. Others win a "Big Game" from time to time but rarely if ever finish in the Top 20.

Schools that come to mind are: Binghamton, Brown, Bucknell, Colgate, Columbia, UConn, Cornell, Delaware, Harvard, Ohio State, Rutgers, Villanova, Yale.

Is it an admissions issue? Is it funding? is it coaching?

I guess my question is... If it can be done at Stony Brook why not at these schools?
[/quote]

COACHING