Originally Posted by Anonymous
Stony Brook's schedule is such a joke. Im sick of hearing " They are in a bad league" Loyola is a weak conference too and JA goes out of her way to schedule tough games. Why are they number one if they havent beat a top 10 team? Whoever wins the ACC and Big 10 should be seeded higher than SB, not matter the record. Penn state and Towson are SB's toughest games and PSU is barely ranked. The thing is they are definitely skilled enough to play those teams.

SBU beat USC, Stanford, NU, Towson and Denver. All top 25 teams. They have Penn State, Hopkins and Cornell left. Again, all top 25 teams. Their conference is weak, they can't help it. They have tried to keep Florida and ND on they schedule, those two schools backed out.

SBU has a competitive and challenging schedule. Some of their non-conference scheduled teams are having down years. Can't help it. Schedule was made last year. They are #1 and should hold the spot until they lose. Seeding for tournament ? We will see.

They backed out of Florida***

Florida and ND took SBU off their schedule.

When SBU made their schedule, their non-conference schedule consisted of top teams (except Michigan and Delaware). NU, USC and PSU were top 10 teams. Stanford had a down year last year but are a perennial top 20 team, same with Hopkins. Cornell usually battling Princeton for tops in the Ivies...

Look at SBU RPI, they challenged themselves this year..

Stop. Their schedule has improved but it is nowhere near that of most of the top programs. Stanford is not a perennial top 20 (they are a good program) Cornell does not battle Princeton for tops in the Ivy, that distinction would go to Penn. Traditionaly Cornell one of the weaker ivy's. Hopkins is a solid top 20 program. Towson is a strong program that is having a great year. Stony Brook is doing well and their schedule has improved the past couple of years but still does not compare to the other top programs. Yes, right now, based on their body of work over the past four seasons I consider Stony Brook one of the top 10 - 15 programs in the country. I realize you can't get everyone but would like to see at least one or two of the following: Maryland, North Carolina, Florida, Virginia, Syracuse, Bodton College, Duke, Notre Dame, Penn, Princeton. Loyola even Georgetown. You get better playing good teams. You learn from losing.. A tougher schedule would help The Seawolves prepare for the postseason even if they lost one or two regular season games.

Stop the spin and the hype. It has not helped in the past and it will not help now . History tells us they are not prepared come tournament time.

Yeah your right that one goal loss to Maryland in the quarters was very telling everyone knew that was the championship game lolol don’t let the facts get in the way of your story I really do not care who wins as long as it isnt Maryland bit my feeling is SB BC UNC and Florida (healthy) can all win it