Originally Posted by Anonymous
Michigan is the new kid on the block. It took longer than expected but I think they will be a perennial Top 20 Team going forward.

They are having a nice year so far...Hopkins is overrated this year like every year. Big name

Who has Hopkins been rated over "every year"? Excellent school very good lacrosse program. They are one of the Top 20 Programs, they are competitive every year and have been for quite some time.

Michigan will cone to improve as a program and will be a Top 20 Program going forward.

That whole perennial top 20 argument is a joke...there could be 15 teams ranked in the 15-20 range every year...they put Hopkins in because of the name...same alot of the time with uva,nd,gtown and duke...I'm talking about when they have a down year, still thrown in to top 20.

Give me your "legitimate" Top 20.

Top Programs. Not teams that might be ranked in the top 20 from time to time but teams that finish the season ranked in the Top 20 just about every year for the past 5 - 7 years.

Maryland
North Carolina
Northwestern
Syracuse
Virginia
Boston College
Penn State
Penn
Stony Brook
Princeton
Florida
Duke
Notre Dame
Georgetown
Loyola
Hopkins
James Madison

USC and Stanford getting there and Michigan will move into that group as well Navy has done extremely well also.

IMHO those are the Top Programs, they seem to be competitive every year and most years make the NCAA Tournament and finish the season ranked in the top 20 or just outside of it.

ND last 5yrs...11-9, 14-7, 11-8, 10-9, 9-1 so far...Hopkins...14-4, 11-8, 11-7, 10-9, 8-3 so far...every year top 20, all about the name.