Originally Posted by Anonymous
"Folks, those rankings are just opinions. Every kid is different. Coaches see what they see in the kids. They don't care about what US Lacrosse ranks them. Both the USC player and the BC player are top notch talents. One plays attack, the other plays middie. They have different responsibilities and their coaches have different expectations for them both. I was able to watch both play in HS and now in college. Their games have taken on different paths from each other and from where they were in HS. They are both at top level institutions and are receiving top level educations. They are both good kids. I wish them well and for what it's worth, I'm gonna miss watching them play when their college runs end"

Somehow you have managed to bring two entirely different discussions by I suspect 4 different sides into one post. While I agree that both are excellent players comparing anyone to S Apuzzo at this point is not fair to that person. To the poster who thinks the rankings are never wrong I think the point about Sam does indicate that yes there are multiple players that easily could be ranked top 5 such as a Sam Apuzzo but were not for a multitude of reasons and yes Sam was that good in high school. When you expand it to the top 50 there are probably 150 kids that could be included in that group. Yes parents always think their kid is lower on that list than they should be and if you have tried out and never made those all star teams, did not get interest from top 20 schools or were offered below 50 % cost of attendance from every top 20 program there is a good chance your kid does not belong on the top 50.

Nobody on hear has ever said that the lists are never wrong. Nobody has ever said that the lists are exact. What has been posted many times is that the rankings, lists, teams etc... are all BS and political. This topic is almost alway brought up by a disgruntled or jealous parent of a player who was not ranked or selected to a team. I have also seen individual players attacked by anonymous cowards. 150 is probably a bit of a stretch, there just is not that much parity.