Originally Posted by Anonymous
Are you really so delirious as to think that the professors delegating there responsibilities to a 22 year old TA at Northwestern, or droning on in a lecture has filled with 200 kids is doing a better job for your kid than at OD? or even lets say St Johns? Your overpaying for a brand name, nothing more. But if that makes you feel better than have at it. Truth is I am an Electrician that makes more than most and I didn't pay a dime to any of those pompous, self important gas bags. Go figure

That explains your ignorance on the topic of getting a good education . All schools are not created equal, if you want to get an idea of a schools academic ranking go to US News ranking for that particular school .
are you implying that because I work with my hands I’m not educated? You must be a liberal. Just so you know, at the time I came up, it took a 4 year apprenticeship to become a an electrical machanic. You have to study trigonometry, geometry and physics. I then became a Master electrician where I had to study from legal document over a thousand pages long. I need to know how to run a company, lead men , and have an extinsive knowledge of contracts, not to mention blue print reading. I am leagally allowed to design an electrical system for any building from a 1 story ranch house to a 100 story building. All this knowledge I accumulated while being paid. I had a student loan debt of $0.00. If you judge somebody’s intelligence simply by the way they make there money than you are truly the uneducated one. If you base a schools value by US mess ranking than your not only uneducated, but also a fool

US News is still the best source for a clear understanding of where a schools ranks in terms of academics and a good source of general information. I base my opinion on your ignorance of getting a good education on the fact that you state you did not reach a high level of education , your writing, and the fact that you are clearly anti higher education. Honestly why come onto a site and belittle getting a good quality education when you know that essentially 99 percent of the people who come onto this site want that for their children.
Your Idea of "higher education" is overspending on elitist liberals that can't do the thing they teach in the real world ( those that can do, those that can't teach) 99% of the parents that come on this site don't really care what there kids study in college, otherwise that would dominate the conversation. 99% of the parents on this site want to brag that there kid is a top recruit at a US News top 100 school. Thats why half the UMD roster has a major in Numbers and science