Originally Posted by Anonymous
The problem is that the Miller girl was overhyped coming out of HS, she’s a good player but definitely not exceptional. I would have to agree that she didn’t live up to expectations. The box score of the BU game is just another example of the type of player she is, good not great. This is sometimes what happens when these kids get put on a pedestal. Must be hard when everyone is expecting big things, but you just don’t produce. Yo can blame the media and club coach for that. I actually feel bad for her because the pressure can be rough.

There is no problem with the young women. The problem is with the jealous, bitter, hateful stunands on this site. Certain individuals simply can't stand it when players receive more notoriety than their daughter. Even posters like yourself who try to sound as if they are above it all. You just can't help yourself, you have to try to tear the player down.

The problem is with the know nothing parents who have one way to validate a player (goals). If the player is not scoring a bunch of goals they think the player is not playing well. The same people will think their daughter played great if she scored a few goals even if she had 5 turnovers, shot the ball into the goalies stick 4 times (also turnovers), got in the way of her teammates, received a yellow card, refused to pass to the open cutter 3 or 4 times, was backed doored all day, didn't slide, didn't hustle back, took foolish shots etc.... The list goes on and on.

I can guarantee that every college coach (including your daughters coach) would take this player over your daughter. It's funny, some of you can't get over it, she is a junior in college and has proven herself to be one of the best players in the country and you still bring up the high school accolades and want to claim that she was overrated and has not panned out. She was an All-American last year (as aSophomore) I would say that she is panning out pretty well.

The problem is with the parents who think they know more than college coaches from Top 10 Programs, Inside Lacrosse, Under Armour, US Lacrosse etc... Here is a news flash... Your daughter is not as good as you think she is and trying to tear down other players will not make her any better. USC is a great school with a very good lacrosse program and the player in question is excellent. Good luck to your daughter, hopefully you have not passed your jealous traits on to your children.