Originally Posted by Anonymous
This is not just a numbers game. These are real people playing a live game, not machines!
When the NCAA rounds begin there WILL be upsets and the better team may go home early. It happens every year in every sport.
As each round advances any team can win or lose on any given day.
We wouldn't bother with playoffs if it was just about who finished in first place at the end of the regular season.

Some on this site do not understand that. There is one lunatic who is obsessed with his own predictions.

Rankings should be based on actual results and a teams year to date body of work. Strength of schedule should be considered and most recent performance and trend should be given more consideration.

So says the Windbag who proclaims what rankings "should be." Computers are good for what you suggest, not humans. Too much bias, as indicated by your own statements on here. The only computer ranking that really matters is the final one, once the computers have all the necessary data. Your methodology has too few data points to be very accurate this early in the season. It is therefore a poor way to try to understand which teams are stronger than others. And therefore renders your ranking system as, at best, very flawed for now. I know you are afraid to stick your neck out and make any kind of forward-looking statement for fear of being wrong, but try. I'm not obsessed with my own predictions, I'm trying to get some discussion going with people who have actual knowledge of the teams and their strengths and weaknesses. If you have any knowledge, as you profess to have (see your statement that Hompe was not a key loss for Princeton) please engage in the conversation with your opinions. I would love to hear from informed individuals about their views of the teams. I welcome yours.

So in your opinion, which teams are better than you thought they would be this year? Which are underperforming your expectations? What have been the reasons for each? Do you think they will remain over/under achieving teams throughout the season? Which teams do you think, based on your deep knowledge, will be there in the end? Who will win it all?

Take the leap, it'll feel good. You are allowed to be wrong. It's ok. But put something out there that furthers the discussion, rather than just posing questions you don't answer and saying all you can rely on is what has already happened. It's not true. People have to make educated decisions about an uncertain future all the time.

Pretty entertaining so let's get this straight
Coaches poll - coaches have no clue
Inside lacrosse - media has no clue
Nike us lacrosse - also clueless
Just wondering besides yourself who really knows what happening? Time will tell sit back and enjoy the season

College coach has somebody fill out the form for them every week, they don't even look at it, and the assistant that does it spends about 5 minutes on it - great analytical work
How much real hard core analysis do you think really goes into women's college lacrosse? Girls HS lacrosse? Nobody knows is the real answer and nobody other than players and their parents cares. How was PSU #4 to start the season, some great analytical research placed them there? The brilliant lacrosse minds at IL? U-19 team cut Apuzzo and Pirecca, how was that for quality analysis? It's all BS and something fun to talk about, but it is really meaningless
True, They also pushed weisse, who not only got pulled during the U19 event, but has since been benched, so much for the top recruits/ lacrosse experts