StonyBrook will not win because they are weak at the draw. They have a very good attack, besides that they are average, and will be exposed when they verse at team that is solid at all positions.[/quote]

I "cut and paste" below and corrected the 2017 record...

-( Will history replete itself? Will Stony Brook once again bring a gaudy record into the tournament only to be knocked out before the Final Four?

2014: 16-3 going in. Lost to Syracuse in round of 16.

2015: 18-1 going in. Lost to Princeton in round of 16.

2016: 15-3 going in. Lost to Syracuse in round of 16.

2017: 18-1 going in. Lost to Maryland in round of 8.

2018: ??? )-

Stony Brook is a very good team. Their midfield is stronger than you give credit. I think their biggest weakness is their strength of schedule. They could go into the tournament with a perfect record but not played a team ranked in the top 10 at the end of the season. They should be well rested but they will not be battle tested. I think the NCAA will do their best to give Stony Brook the easiest path to the Final Four but there are a lot of teams who can surprise this year.

[/quote]
Elaborate on their midfield being strong please. The way I see it, Kennedy is very fast and if given the opportunity to run it up the field does very well. Other than that I don't think they have much. They are bad on the draw and don't ride well at all. That also is the weak point of their very good attack. Awful on the ride. For as great as K.O. is, she is relatively slow and gives very little effort on the ride. Their midfield play to me looks below average, certainly for the "#1" team in the land. Happy to see evidence presented to the contrary.