Originally Posted by Anonymous

Apparently the girl has received more attention and accolades than your daughter and it drives you crazy. Only know nothing stunands like you worry about the box score. How many college coaches would take your daughter over the girl being discussed? Zero, that is how many. They did not recruit your daughter over her in HS and they would not take her now. BTW, if your daughter is not the same year you can look at last years class... The #1 recruit in the country went to UNC and her "Box scores" were not all that impressive. I think she had 20 goals her senior year. The coaches at the top programs and people who understand the game and team sports in general know what makes a great player. You are a know nothing as well as a coward. Jealousy is a terrible thing.

While I agree with what you are saying in general what the heck are you talking about with the UNC player ? What yearb

The #1 recruit in the HS graduating class of 2018 (last year) is similar to the USC player. Freshman at UNC. Not a big goal scorer but recognized by the top college coaches, IL, UA etc... as the top player in the class. Maybe 20 goals as a senior in HS yet anyone who knows the game will take her over just about every other player.

Got it, yes that kid is a heck of a player and any coach would be happy to have her. That said those rankings in general are useless and very political. No i am not some parent who thinks my kid deserved more accolades as she got plenty its just i think there are so many players that could easily be recognized as top 50 players or top 20 but are not for so many different reasons. My daughter was gererally selected as a top 5 recruit thru the years and honestly there were 5-6 kids on her travel team that just as easily could have been selected for that. Is what it is but i am not a fan of those lists depends alot on where you committed , how much pull your club director , your high school coach has and if you are on inside lacrosses list and alot of other factors that have nothing to do with your ability.

So, your daughter was regarded as one of the Top 5 recruits in her age group for several years? There were 5 or 6 on her club team that could have easily been considered to be one of the 5 or 6 best players in the country? Really? You believe that there are "so many players" that could be recognized as Top 50 or Top 20 players? No, there are not. There are not many players who can be considered Top 50 and there are even less that can be considered Top 20. I laugh every time I hear this nonsense.

There is not parity in the sport of women's lacrosse. There is not a plethora of talent. Why do you think the same teams are the strongest every year? There is not enough talent to go around. Sorry it is what it is. If there was an abundance of talent, if there were so many players that were just as good as the top 50 we would see teams like Columbia, Conneticut and Cornell beating Carolina. We would see Marist, Mercer and Monmouth beating Maryland. It doesn't happen because there are not 200, 300, 400 or 500 players that could be considered Top 50.

The reason we are not seeing more second tier teams beating the top teams is because they do not get the top players. As the sport continues to grow we will see a few more teams move into that top tier but for now the talent just isn't there. If those player ranking were all BS and political then the handful of teams that bring in the majority of those top 50 players would not be as dominant as they are.

Apuzzo was ranked 18th...Lists are trash...now go sit down

Yes, I guess there were a lot of players not ranked in the Top 50 that could have been ranked ahead of her. And she went to one of the top programs.

Folks, those rankings are just opinions. Every kid is different. Coaches see what they see in the kids. They don't care about what US Lacrosse ranks them. Both the USC player and the BC player are top notch talents. One plays attack, the other plays middie. They have different responsibilities and their coaches have different expectations for them both. I was able to watch both play in HS and now in college. Their games have taken on different paths from each other and from where they were in HS. They are both at top level institutions and are receiving top level educations. They are both good kids. I wish them well and for what it's worth, I'm gonna miss watching them play when their college runs end.