Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What is going on in Syracuse? I thought they had a shot at winning it all but after watching last night I'm not sure they will win another game (ACC Tournament or first round NCAA Tournament). Their Draw was a disaster, they are slow through the midfield, their defense looked weak and overall they did not look very athletic. They are very skilled offensively (almost too slick). They do not re-defend very well at all (not fast or athletic). Their goalie is good although had a few bad breaks last night with deflected shots etc... Watching the game, I never thought they would lose but they just did not look good. That said, if they can find a way to gain more possessions they might have a chance because I do think they can score. Lets hope last night was a bad dream with a number of pipes and the Cornell goalie making a few very good saves. Cuse will most likely be the 4 seed in the ACC Tourney and will play Virginia. Can't see them beating Virgina with the type of performance they put on last night.

That was a great game. Cornell had an answer for SU zone D. They were quick and athletic all over the field. Their goalie played well. SU has some issues!

Great game? Syracuse looked slow and they lacked energy. "Cornell had an answer for SU zone D". Did they? Did I miss something? Didn't Syracuse win the game? What was the answer? Who was "quick and athletic all over the field"? Did you watch the game? If you are referring to the Cornell goalie I would agree. I am not sure if there are any "issues" at Syracuse but if the past two game are an accurate reflection of the teams overall strength / ability they are done. Was Syracuse looking past Cornell? If Syracuse doesn't win their first round ACC game they will not be a Top 8 seed for the NCAA Tournament. Could be an early exit this year. Very surprised by their poor performance. On a positive note... I think their settled offense is very good.