Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by baldbear
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Thought I posted this earlier ,not trying to start nonsense just curious. I am familiar with D1 and D2 and how they compare to each other in terms of how talent etc. Just curious how does D3 in general compare with D2.

A couple of years ago D3 Hamilton, which did not make the NCAA’s that year, beat eventual D2 champ Florida Southern in Florida. Florida Southern did not lose again that year. In general the top D3 would be competitive with the top D2. D3 has far more teams than D2 and the talent does thin out; early round D3 tournament games can get ugly when auto bids play more competitive teams. D2 talent drops off far more quickly than D3.

D1 also has a talent drop as well. I seen some terrible lacrosse in the 50th percentile.

I watched some D3 and D1 this past weekend in Boston. It was some great lacrosse. D2 does their own thing with a much smaller tournament and that is simply because of the amount of talent in D2.

Baldbear - Appreciate your unbiased input and support of D3, but citing the Hamilton over Florida Southern game every time the subject comes up is like people who talk about the Tom Brady being drafted in the 6th round. It's the exception, not the rule.

I hear you, but since D2 and D3 rarely, if ever, play you can’t say it’s the exception. If there was more data (ie games played) then I can see your point. I happened to be there which is why I reference it. Great game. Speed of play and sticks were great.

My point is D2 and D3, among the competitive teams, is similar in talent, which was the original question.

I read somewhere that if you used todays analytics Brady would have been drafted lower than the 6th round. Never know.