Originally Posted by Anonymous
SB was very fast versus SC. I agree many cards can influence game but SB was much better team.

SB transition from Defense to offense was great. Also, which I could never figure out in women’s game why more teams don’t do it, SB destroyed SC from attacking from behind the cage. SB ball movement was fast. A zone can’t keep up with it. Against zone the key is ball movement.

If you have good attackers, bring it behind and cut. Simple draw and dump. Hard to cover a cutter in girls game based on rules, and hard to stop someone one on one without help. So if you have no help defense because defender is covering cutter it opens up 1v1 with defender. Two options tough to stop. Boys game does it all day long. Teams better prep for SB behind goal attack as not many teams do this, or have attackers that can do it in college game now. All I see is attacking from up top.

Don't disagree w any of that. But tell me then, why with USCs best player out with 2 cards early and USC w 8 cards overall (leading to at least 4 maybe 5 goals) was the score only 14-10? I think the answer is mainly that SB has a major problem on the draw. In my opinion, they just played a team that should not be ranked in the top 10 and did not look as dominant as they should have if they want to win a national championship. Maryland wins that game by 10.