Originally Posted by Anonymous
Stony Brook women's lax is such a great story. Spallina has that team as prepared as any team ever. Like him or not, he wins at every level, as a player, pro coach, club coach, HS, d2, and now this. It's the only LI team that can win a division 1 title! I have zero ties to any of this, except being a lax fan and I am rooting for that team to win it all.

Great coach that always lives on the edge with the in game rules. If he was at Florida he would have 2 National Titles. Amazing that he is doing it with a team that is 95% from LI. The 3 years before he got there they won 3 or 4 games per year and in his 1st year with some D2 transfer players he jumped to 14 wins. All this at a lousy college campus but good lacrosse facilities

You are amazed that he's doing it with 95% li girls? where are you from? i'm not from li, but name one other area besides baltimore that is even close.

But everyone on LI wants to go away to school and very few from other parts of the country want to come. Who has it easier UNC, Maryland, Penn State, Florida etc.... They get kids wanting to play there from all 50 states

LI kids would rather go to CT to play average lacrosse at Fairfield, Sacred Heart or Quinnipiac then stay home