Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous

That’s what’s so funny that you think you can as “selfish play is ugly “. If you don’t think the top teams have selfish players on the field you are just clueless. You go to change the narrative about successful teams and if they have selfish players or not to parents telling their kid to be selfish . Two completely different arguments . Yes I know Sam Apuzzo is the best player in college and no I don’t
compare my child to her , others do as they have both been up for the Tewaaraton . Is Sam a selfish player at times , absolutely and if I were her coach I would tell her to be more so . Obviously you would tell her to pass the ball as “selfish play always hurts the team “.

Oh, I get it now. You have told your daughters to be selfish and you believe that coaches should do the same. You also only want to associate selfish play with driving to the goal. I don't think the term "selfish play" was referring to isolated "plays" in which a player attacks the goal. I believe the term was used to describe the "overall play" of some players as being selfish. Selfish play takes many forms and apparently you do not have the ability to recognize it. I will agree that "selfish play" always hurts the team. It has been said before on this site that not all players who score a lot of goals are selfish but that seems to be beyond your comprehension . If a player is doing what the coach wants and fulfilling her role on the team while scoring many goals I would not say she is selfish. Most of the people on this site can recognize selfish play when they see it. Most people know that it does in fact have a negative impact on the team.

You are such a hammerhead. So if a coach tells a player they need to be more selfish with the ball, look to go the goal more, shoot more , don't automatically pass to the open player on the clear and run the ball up,etc., that's not being selfish because the coach told them to do it and that's their role. So again you change the narrative that "selfish play always hurts the team" to the only hurts the team when its not their role , or in other words selfish play does not "always" hurt the team. Your self righteous attitude that only you can recognize selfish play must make you quite the expert on the sideline as you explain to all why your little Bertha is such a team player. Seems your simplistic view of selfish play is its not selfish if its successful but when its not successful then its selfish. You also seem to have an issue with the definition of a fact while making up nonsensical " it has been said before on this site" to back up your weak reply.[/quote]

Dope.
[/quote]

Carnac says “what you put up your rectum when you visit your dude at prison “[/quote]
[/quote]

Only one goal for the USC phenom. Not producing and trying to do too much.

Last edited by baldbear; . Reason: Malicious