Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
"Ahhh. The guy that was talking big stuff about Stanford lax, only to realize they stink. Funny. And this guys brilliant Stanford daughter is taking Science, Technology and the World. You know, the major that the football guys also take. Such a funny thing that this guy thinks the Stanford lax players have anything close to the actual qualifications to get into the school. Very funny. Which one of the ball droppers was ur kid? What a combination: not so smart, a bad lacrosse player, and an inflated ego. Funny, but also sad."

I do not have a kid that is at, or has gone to Stanford but if you are going after the academics of the athletes at that school or the academics in general you are just being ignorant. My daughter visited many schools, Stanford being one of them, and it was the only school that made it very clear you are a student first and athlete second. While I think their lacrosse and USC lacrosse are consistently ranked a little higher than they deserve probably to try and grow the sport and make it seem as if its just not an east coast game you cannot be serious going after their academics. Stanford consistently is one of the if not the most difficult school to get into with an acceptance rate of around 5%.

Keep changing the subject. Just admit you were wrong about Stanford lacrosse. You have said multiple times that their LACROSSE team was an outside contender for the final four, that they were going to give SB a run for their money etc. You were wrong. They are not a very good D1 lacrosse team. It's ok, you can admit you were wrong.

They are a good academic school. Although the undergraduate education is a bit overrated unless you are there for a few specialized areas that most lacrosse players are not taking as majors. Same is true actually about most undergraduate programs. They are much harder to get into than they are once you are there. It's the graduate programs that are the real deal. And for that, Stanford has a much deserved excellent reputation.

Lax ... eh. Undergrad education, meh.

First its a different poster, I think Stanford lax has been overrated as I stated. They are a 25-40 program much like Stony Brook was not too long ago. As far as their undergraduate programs you are underestimating just how good the education is .