Originally Posted by Anonymous
Always tough early in the season! Usc one good result beating VT and then trailed wire to wire to SB at one point 7 down will learn more this week about them, Notre Dame and NW as they play each other. Also think Stanford bounces back and gives SB all they can handle today

Stanford guy is back. Stanford is going to get run off the field.

Stanford is not a top 25 team. Last year they had an RPI of 35. In the immortal words of Bill Parcells, "You are what your record says you are." For Stanford, that's pretty darn mediocre.

About as mediocre as Stonybrook is at academics. I’ll take the elite academic school any day!

Nobody was talking about the academics. Way to change the argument. "Also think Stanford bounces back and gives SB all they can handle today." That was the quote. Stanford is not only not in the same class as SB lacrosse wise, they are two to three classes below. They look like a mid-tier D1 team in this game. They can barely throw and catch. They r turning it over constantly. This isn't even a game.
That is very true, ball constantly on the ground for "the Cardinal". But I have to add this..... a few months ago there was a prolonged argument about coaches taking taller players over better lax IQ, this game proves why you take the IQ over size. The Stanford girls are much bigger, but it really doesn't matter because they can't catch , and continually throw bad passes. Also, in my opinion, Stanford being a good school for the west coast, not near an Ivy no matter how much they want to be, also not as good as Duke , the Hop, B.C. etc.... Not to mention S.B. is a very good teaching hospital. By the way I hate Spallina.7w9ztk