Originally Posted by Anonymous
Name the top schools for combination of academics and a realistic chance of playing in a final 4 in the next few years.

My list includes in order of most likely to make final 4 with great (top 20) academics:

Northwestern
Princeton
Penn
Duke?

Are those the 4 best academic schools with at least a chance of sniffing a final 4?

Navy made it last year. I do not know much about them other than they have a great coach and they have proven they can get to championship weekend.

Northwestern would be my top pic.

Toss up between Penn and Princeton.

Duke fell off a bit last year not sure how they will be this year.

Cant see Stanford, Hopkins, or Vanderbilt,

No Ivy other than Penn or Princeton.

Notre Dame and Georgetown are unlikely but maybe Notre Dame will surprise everyone you never know.

Agreed. I'd put Duke ahead of the Ivies though. Down year last year, but over next few years could have a shot. Always recruit pretty well. ND looks mediocre now but maybe in a few years. Doubt it. Stanford will be lucky to be in top 25, never mind final 4. Same with Georgetown.

Yes, those are the top 20 academic schools with the best chance to make the Final Four. But I think all of the schools that have a legitimate shot are pretty darn good academic schools as well.

USC, North Carolina, BC, Florida, Penn State, Maryland, Syracuse.

Stony Brook has improved both academics and athletics in recent years. That is the beauty of this sport. There are so many excellent schools providing opportunities for our daughters.