Originally Posted by Anonymous
About to get myself in trouble but here it is .Have been watching as many games as possible w the Tewaaraton in mind . Start w KO , probably the best finisher in the game but the eyeball test says a lot is a function of their offense and who they are playing. She ends up w a lot of 1 on 1 opportunities little of which is created by herself .
Shayna Precca deserves to be in this discussion , scoring at a high rate mainly thru her own effort creating her own opportunities . Neither player adds much other than scoring as not involved in the draw and neither great at riding.
Apuzzo is also in the discussion and I believe the best all around offensive player as in gets teammates involved but also scores . She is good at the draw not great and decent at the ride .
Casey Bear should be high on this list , does it all , good at the draw ; solid defense , scores on the offensive side .
That said if I were starting a team there is no question in my mind I would take McCool as my first pick , excellent at the draw and on the circle , superior defender , scores although not the best shooter , great in the clear and ground balls and a do it all between the 30’s player.
I don’t think it’s that close if your looking for an all around impact player.

Agreed. Good analysis. If the award is for nifty passer and flashiest stick KO is a great option (Charlotte North at Duke might be better though because she is outstanding creating her own shot as well.) McCool is the best all around player in college.

Could possibly agree but as we all know team must be in the top 5. Duke is not very good so she out. also to keep in mind KO is not a one dimensional finisher she broke the single season assist record as well. Think Kiernan from Colorado is an interesting player to watch, do not think Maryland has a candidate

KO is not a one dimensional finisher, agreed. She is a great player, no argument here. Just think her overall impact on the game is not as great as someone like McCool. If there was an award for best offensive player, she is on the very short list. I believe some other players impact the overall game more is all.

If you're looking for a do it all player, no one other than a midfielder will qualify. That's a problem.