Originally Posted by Anonymous
True Blue parents are awfully quiet today. Funny how they play two good games in a tournament and come on to tell everyone that will listen that they are a top 5 team, but then play another tourney and get decimated and it's crickets. A lesson in humility for you.

All anyone has said was that they were good enough to be in an AA bracket. Which they showed that this weekend with every game competitive but one. They have come a long way and continue to do so. Remember this was their first ever AA bracket. Next year they will continue to pass by teams. The coach has improved these kids tremendously and this summer has proven that.

Anyone can enter a AA bracket.They finished with an overall record of 2w - 3L & finished 8th out of 15 teams. Hardly impressive & they still have a long way to go so please stop with this talk of top 5.

True, anyone can enter. But some teams would rather not take the chance of losing. They would rather play the same 5 teams over and over at crappy local tourneys and try to win a shirt. Fortunately, some teams realize that it's not about wins and losses, but instead about putting their players against the best available talent and challenging them to do their very best, take the physical punishment against teams full of holdbacks, learn to beat kids that are bigger, stop kids that are faster and use every last bit of energy they have to try to win. These kids are learning about perseverance. They are learning the importance of leaving it all on the field. You don't learn that by playing teams beneath you. For that, you need to be challenged. I don't know about you, but those are the transcendent lessons that I want my son to learn.

Not with true blue, but well said.

Right. Good luck at Patriot Games this weekend. Competition looks fierce. The TB boys will certainly be challenged. Especially if one of the 2023/2024 teams makes it to the championship.