Originally Posted by Anonymous
Where are the tournaments this weekend, any good matchups?

Please download the Tourney Machine app and do a search. You realize it's Memorial Day weekend, right?

This was my first time seeing SYAG so here's my takeaway from last night's scrimmage. I had a great vantage point from my car, right behind the benches. They have some very good players. I guess the coaches are not very experienced though. When S2S, and most teams, scrimmage, we are essentially running a high tempo practice. We try new things, new positions and get everyone involved. This may have looked like a game, but it was merely a practice. The SYAG coaches had, what appeared to be 1/3 of their team riding the pine for almost the entire game. He actually told the players that weren't playing that if they wanted to see the field they needed to get better. Who does that? Why would coaches shorten the bench in a scrimmage? Doesn't that go against the whole concept AND effectiveness of a scrimmage? The coaches were demeaning and demoralizing the players on the sidelines and on the field. I actually felt bad for the players and parents. My wife said she would have pulled our son off the field if he played for them. The offensive coach Said something about the starters "sucking" and the defensive coach was just a very mean man. Conversely, our coaches were joking with our boys and keeping spirits high. I guess there's a difference between teams that have nothing to prove and teams that just desperately desire respect. Well, I lost any respect for them after that.

Excellent observation! Those SYAG guys have never played lacrosse and obviously have no idea how to coach a group of young boys. Their arrogance is so bad that it's comical.